At the age of 16, in 2001, Chloe was encouraged to audition for a full time professional dance course in London. After a successful audition, Chloe decided to progress on to the classical ballet course at London Studio Centre where she studied ballet intensively along with musical theatre, jazz, contemporary, tap and street dance for the following 2 years and gained a Diploma in Dance Education.
International Ballet Champion
Diploma in Dance Education
BA Honours Degree
PGCE and NQT
Chloe started dance training at the age of 2.
“I used to go with my nana to take my sister to dance class at the Skelton Hooper School of Dance, and I wouldn’t sit still. My nana tried hard to get me to stay at the side of the room and not get in the way but eventually Vera Skelton just let me join in. I have been hooked on dance ever since”.
Chloe trained extremely hard at Skelton Hooper.
“My parents must have sensed my passion for dance. They ended up taking me to class every night of the week”.
At Skelton Hooper Chloe had many wonderful opportunities and experiences as a dancer. These included:
• The Hull New Theatre Pantomime. 1995 / 2000 (Jack and The Beanstalk), 2001 (Babes in The Wood)
• The Royal Ballet Junior Associate program - 1995-1997
• The Scottish Ballet’s performance of The Nutcracker – Hull New Theatre – 1997
• The Yorkshire Ballet Scholarship program – York – 1999-2001
• The Northern Ballet Associate program – Leeds – 1999-2001
• The Royal Ballet Senior Associate program – Birmingham – 2000-2002
• Local and National Festivals - 1996-2001
• Winner of the International Senior Ballet Champion - 2000 and 2001
• The Prix de Lausanne competition – Switzerland - 2001
• The English National Ballet Easter School 2000
• The Northern Ballet Summer School – 2000 - 2001
• John Field’s Easter School 1998-2001
• The Yorkshire Ballet Seminars 1999-2001
• Completed IDTA qualifications - Ballet, Modern and Tap
• Completed RAD Advanced Ballet qualifications
At the age of 16, in 2001, Chloe was encouraged to audition for a full time professional dance course in London. After a successful audition, Chloe decided to progress on to the classical ballet course at London Studio Centre where she studied ballet intensively along with musical theatre, jazz, contemporary, tap and street dance for the following 2 years. In the 3rd year she decided to have a change of direction and join the Jazz Dance Company. Chloe toured with the company for a year and travelled and performed in different theatres across the country. She then got the opportunity to work with a well-known choreographer in London and worked on set for a carnival in Trafalgar Square, which led on to more performance work in London.
Chloe then decided to train to teach. She came back to her hometown of Hull and completed a BA Honors degree and a PGCE in dance at Hull College. Having qualified as a teacher, Chloe was appointed as teacher of performing arts at Outwood Academy Foxhills where she delivered GCSE and BTEC dance and drama courses from 2008 - 2018.
“I now have the opportunity to deliver after-school classes in Performing Arts at Anlaby Studios for the people of Hull and East Riding. I am so excited to hand down my expertise and knowledge to people with a similar passion. Even if you have never danced before, the classes on offer will help you develop necessary skills to enjoy dance”.